Come explore our sunflower meadow at the orchard. We have about 3 acres that is planted with sunflowers for you to enjoy exploring, taking photos, and more!!
Dates: Tentatively scheduled to open August 25!
How long do they last? The sunflowers are typically only in bloom for about two weeks.
When you visit you can enjoy:
- Walking through 3 acres of sunflowers.
- Enjoy lots of fun photos ops throughout the sunflowers…we have a lot of new fun ones this year (check out some photos here)
- Cut sunflowers to take home ($3/stem) or make your own vase ($25 for half gallon jar and five sunflowers)
- Check out our cut wildflower garden (has flowers like zinnias, celosia, and lots of others…see below for photos). Cut wildflowers are $18/1quart jar + flowers that it holds. We’ve doubled the area of cut wildflowers this year and added some fun new flowers to the mix.
- Purchase a Combo Pass if you’d like and you can enjoy Sunflowers + Tractor Town Kid’s Farm Area with your visit. Tractor Town will be open the same days and times as sunflowers: Aug 2-13th. We are offering some special playdate prices Monday-Thursday ($12/child for combo pass). Friday/Saturday ($14/child includes both sunflowers and Tractor Town)
- Admission to sunflowers is $7/person ages 2 and up. Children 1 and under are free.
- Combo Passes (includes Sunflowers and Tractor Town Kid’s Area) are $14 (Fri-Sat) and $12 (Mon-Thurs).
Do I need reservations? Yes. Reservations are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. PRE-PURCHASE reservations on our website to visit the sunflower field. Click here to make reservations. (The Reservation link will not be active until closer to the opening of the sunflower field.)
Can I cut flowers to take home?
Yes, we have an area for cut your own sunflowers and another cut your own wildflower garden. You MUST have admission to the sunflower area to cut flowers. Click here to make reservations.
Rain Policy: The meadow will remain open in light rain, but will CLOSE in the event of inclement weather (lightening, heavy rain) until the storm passes.
NO PETS are permitted in the sunflower meadow.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU COME:
- The sunflower meadow is in an agricultural field. The ground can be uneven in places. There can also be mud if it has rained a lot. The paths are narrow and are not suitable for strollers and possibly wheelchairs. Bees and other insects also love sunflowers so it is normal to have insects in the sunflower field as well…typically the bees are more interested in the flowers than the people…but those with severe bee allergies should be aware that there will be bees present.
- No outside food is permitted at the farm, but check out our Cafe for lunch with outdoor seating. They also have our famous apple cider slushies to enjoy.
- For your safety, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY into the sunflower area (even just for photos) during any times that the meadow is not open. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
- Professional Photographer Policy: professional photography is allowed only in compliance with our photographer guidelines. All attendees must have a paid ticket. Photographers MUST also comply with policies listed in our photo policy. Any photographer not following these policies will be asked to cease their session. See guidelines here: https://www.indianapolisorchard.com/photo-policy/
- You will need to be done with your sunflower meadow experience by closing time.
To make reservations click here.