Come explore our sunflower meadow at the orchard. We have about 3 acres that is planted with sunflowers for you to enjoy exploring, taking photos, and more!!
Dates: Sunflower Update as of 9/25: Sunflower season is coming to an end around here. There are still some nice looking flowers in our sunflower field, as you can see in these photos taken today, but overall the field is past its peak bloom. Since we feel the field is past peak bloom for photoshoots, we are transitioning this area from a photo experience to a u-pick activity!
Beginning Tuesday, September 26th through Friday, September 29th, we will be offering a $10/jar u-cut sunflower experience. You can come and fill a quart jar with as many sunflowers as you can fit in the jar on these weekdays only. This will be available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST since it is possible we will run out of jars before Friday. We will keep our Facebook page updated, so please check in or give us a call before visiting the farm if you want to visit us later in the week (317-326-2278).
ALSO: The cut your own flower bouquet area is currently CLOSED to allow for regrowth. This is the flower area separate from the sunflower field filled with various wildflowers. It has been picked out and needs some time to rest to allow for more flowers to grow!
Hours: The field is open the hours of the farm which are Monday-Saturday 9am-7pm. CLOSED SUNDAYS. Please note you must be completely finished with your sunflower experience by 7pm.
How long do they last? Sunflower season is short, and they will not be available later in our fall season! Don’t delay if you want to see them.
- Sunflower admission is done for the season.
Do I need reservations? This year we are not requiring reservations.
Can I cut flowers to take home?
Yes, we have an area for cut your own sunflowers and another cut your own wildflower garden (9/25 update: the cut your own wildflower garden is closed for regrowth).
Rain Policy: The meadow will remain open in light rain, but will CLOSE in the event of inclement weather (lightening, heavy rain) until the storm passes.
NO PETS are permitted in the sunflower meadow.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU COME:
- The sunflower meadow is in an agricultural field. The ground can be uneven in places. There can also be mud if it has rained a lot. The paths are narrow and are not suitable for strollers and possibly wheelchairs. Bees and other insects also love sunflowers so it is normal to have insects in the sunflower field as well…typically the bees are more interested in the flowers than the people…but those with severe bee allergies should be aware that there will be bees present.
- No outside food is permitted at the farm, but check out our Cafe for treats and our Grill for meals with outdoor seating. They also have our famous apple cider slushies to enjoy.
- For your safety, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY into the sunflower area (even just for photos) during any times that the meadow is not open. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
- Professional Photographer Policy: professional photography is allowed only in compliance with our photographer guidelines. All attendees must have a paid ticket. Photographers MUST also comply with policies listed in our photo policy. Any photographer not following these policies will be asked to cease their session. See guidelines here: Common Questions
- You will need to be done with your sunflower meadow experience by closing time which is 7pm.