Come explore our sunflower meadow at the orchard. We have about 2 acres that is planted with sunflowers for you to enjoy exploring, taking photos, and more!!
Dates??? We don’t know the exact dates of the sunflower bloom time. It varies due to weather, but we anticipate it to be in early August.
How long do they last? The sunflowers are typically only in bloom for about two weeks so it’s important to stay posted for when they are in season!
Cost: Admission is $7/person ages 2 and up. Children 1 and under are free. You may also choose a $14/combo pass that includes admission to sunflowers and to the Tractor Town Kid’s Play Area if desired.
Do I need reservations? No reservations are needed at this time.
Can I cut sunflowers to take home? Cut your own sunflowers are available in a separate area for those who have paid admission to the meadow. Cost of cut sunflowers is $3/flower head (includes tax). You can also ask about our Cut-Your-Own Flower Patch that is also available.
Rain Policy: The meadow will remain open in light rain, but will CLOSE in the event of inclement weather (lightening, heavy rain) until the storm passes.
NO PETS are permitted in the sunflower meadow.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU COME:
- The sunflower meadow is in an agricultural field. The ground can be uneven in places. There can also be mud if it has rained a lot. The paths are narrow and are not suitable for strollers and possibly wheelchairs. Bees and other insects also love sunflowers so it is normal to have insects in the sunflower field as well…typically the bees are more interested in the flowers than the people…but those with severe bee allergies should be aware that there will be bees present.
- Tractor Town Kid’s Play Area will be open this year during the Sunflower Meadow experience.
- No outside food is permitted at the farm, but check out our Cafe for lunch with outdoor seating. They also have our famous apple cider slushies to enjoy.
- For your safety, there is ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY into the sunflower area (even just for photos) during any times that the meadow is not open. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
- Professional Photographer Policy: professional photography is allowed only in compliance with our photographer guidelines. All attendees must have a paid ticket. Photographers MUST also comply with policies listed in our photo policy. Any photographer not following these policies will be asked to cease their session. See guidelines here: https://www.indianapolisorchard.com/photo-policy/
- You will need to be done with your sunflower meadow experience by closing time.